This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical Data Excel Workbook

An Excel workbook is now available via https://github.com/betfair/historic-data-workbook

The Historical Data Workbook interprets historical data purchased from Betfair by offering a means for download, display and analysis with Excel.

The prerequisites for using the Historical Data Excel Workbook are:
    • • You must have previously purchased data via https://historicdata.betfair.com using your Betfair account. The BASIC data for use within this spreadsheet is free of charge.
    • • Install 7-Zip before using the spreadsheet, which relies on 7-Zip to manage the compressed data.

The main functions of the workbook are:

Extract the following data from the BASIC historical data files displaying the data in the following columns.

· Date & Time
    · MarketId,
    · Market Status,
    · In-Play (true of false),
    · SelectionId,
    · LastPriceTraded

Graphs the data output on a per selection basis, showing last traded price over time.

Betfair Developer Program
    Last edited by BetfairDeveloperProgram; 05-10-2018, 05:11 PM.

Hello,

it seems that the workbook doesn't work. In the first excel sheet I can't login to betfair. Do you know what the problem could be?

Comment

Morning ttt.

What error do you receive when attempting to login to the workbook? Are you able to login directly to the historical data website via https://historicdata.betfair.com/#/home ?

Thanks

Neil

Comment

Good morning all you, can I have some help just to make a vba function works

Set HTTP_A = CreateObject("MSXML2.serverXMLHTTP")

HTTP_A.Open "POST", "http://historicdata.betfair.com/api/GetCollectionOptions", False
        HTTP_A.setRequestHeader "Content-type", "application/json"
        HTTP_A.setRequestHeader "ssoid", "GK/PdVw4sAZCiOwN40jbYKXFKPMQUU3+5VZb7k6xU6g="
        HTTP_A.send "&sport=Horse Racing&plan:Basic Plan&fromDay=1&fromMonth=3&fromYear=2017&toDay=31& toMonth=3&toYear=2017&eventId=null&eventName=null& marketTypesCollection=[]&countriesCollection=[]&fileTypeCollection=[]"

MsgBox (HTTP_A.responseText)

I can't receive back a valid JSON, it says NgErrorRedirect

Thanks in advance

Comment

I think the historic API is down at the moment, I haven’t tested but a few others on the BA forum are having issues.

Comment

I m using 64 bit excel, and there is a problem with "ActiveX component can't create object" error code 429 when trying to login. Any instructions?

Comment

Hi mal.

Unfortunately, the workbook isn't compatible with 64 bit Excel, you'd need to use the 32 bit version.

Neil

Comment

Hi, I posted in the "Is the Historical API Documentation" Rather than me rewrite it, I was hoping you could take a look and help me out please. Cheers

Comment

Hi winnie2402

Have you tried using the Historical Data Excel Workbook via https://github.com/betfair/historic-data-workbook

This should help you to download the data you require. Please refer to the HistoricalDataWorkbook.docx for details of how to use the spreadsheet.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by BetfairDeveloperProgram View Post
                    Hi mal.

Unfortunately, the workbook isn't compatible with 64 bit Excel, you'd need to use the 32 bit version.

Neil
                    Hi, will you be releasing a version for 64 bit excel? I have two laptops both have 64 bit excel!

Comment

Hi,

I have tried using this excel spreadsheet and it is a great tool. However, I'm having some issues with the files. When using this spreadsheet I get my available list and download more than 7000 .bz2 files. However, then I try to open .bz2 files I get error message "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged". All the .bz2 files are just 7KB, which already indicates that something is wrong with them. Just to confirm, I was using 32-bit excel and tried opening files using 7zip, WinRAR and simple Windows compressor. None of the compression tools could open any file.
                      has anyone experienced a similar problem? or is it me that doing something wrong?

Comment

Hi, will you be releasing a version for 64 bit excel? I have two laptops both have 64 bit excel!
                        We don't have any plans to release a 64 bit Excel version.

Kind Regards

Neil

Comment

However, then I try to open .bz2 files I get error message "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged". All the .bz2 files are just 7KB, which already indicates that something is wrong with them. Just to confirm, I was using 32-bit excel and tried opening files using 7zip, WinRAR and simple Windows compressor
                          Hi andrap,

Please can you confirm which specific files (sports, months, package) this issue occurs with?

Thanks

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by BetfairDeveloperProgram View Post
                            Hi mal.

Unfortunately, the workbook isn't compatible with 64 bit Excel, you'd need to use the 32-bit version.

Neil
                            All my machines are x64. But what I did, I setup VM on one of my machines, you can easily do it with Hyper-V, but there is plenty of third-party VMs which you can use. Then install any architecture of windows and x32 office and it will work just fine.

Comment

Hello,

I've downloaded the 'HistoricalDataWorkbook' and the Betfair historical files.

And also installed the 7-Zip application.

And yes, my Excel is 32bits version.

But I can't open the files.

I think I don't know how to point the directory of the files.

Can you help me?

I record a video of my screen trying to open the files: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiNiyIoVFOo

Regards,

Patrick

Comment

Working...
                              X