Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Login using getAcookie stopped working???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login using getAcookie stopped working???

We have been using the getAcookie function (supplied by betfair) for about 8 years now but today it stopped working.

It now doesn't return a valid session token.

Anyone else suffered this?

My session token credentials aren't working either. I think I've seen this error message before and that's it's just some sort of temporary downtime problem (hopefully).

Comment

Never heard of "getAcookie".
      Is it in the documentation?

Comment

Mine is still not working. Is anyone else having problems? The error displayed for previously working code is below...

Call to api-ng failed: Response: [{"jsonrpc":"2.0","error":{"code":-32099,"message":"AANGX-0002","data":{"exceptionname":"AccountAPINGExcepti on","AccountAPINGException":{"requestUUID":"null ", "errorCode":"INVALID_SESSION_INFORMATION","err orDe tails":""}}},"id":1}]

Comment

I have put a support call into Betfair regarding this.

I can only assume that they have made updates elsewhere which has had a knock on effect.

I would have expected this to have been a huge issue though!!!

Comment

Not a huge issue because no one uses getAcookie, what ever it is.

Comment

I have two programs that started to fail to login yesterday lunchtime. This could be the problem!

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGo View Post
                Not a huge issue because no one uses getAcookie, what ever it is.
                What's the alternative?

Comment

I am now using another CURL command as detailed in the docs

curl -k -i -H "Accept: application/json" -H "X-Application: <AppKey>" -X POST -d 'username=<username>&password=<password>' https://identitysso.betfair.com/api/login

But now it says I need to generate some certificate and attache it to my account.

Read the the pages referring to OPENSLL but tbh, I've not got a clue where to start with that. Do I need to write PHP script to generate these key files?

Comment

Originally posted by iBetUK View Post
                    I am now using another CURL command as detailed in the docs

curl -k -i -H "Accept: application/json" -H "X-Application: <AppKey>" -X POST -d 'username=<username>&password=<password>' https://identitysso.betfair.com/api/login

But now it says I need to generate some certificate and attache it to my account.

Read the the pages referring to OPENSLL but tbh, I've not got a clue where to start with that. Do I need to write PHP script to generate these key files?
                    Just use the interactive endpoint:

https://docs.developer.betfair.com/d...-+API+Endpoint

Comment

Has anyone had a reply from betfair yet? I need to know if it will be fixed or if I have to workaround it my end.

Comment

Originally posted by thenob View Post
                        Has anyone had a reply from betfair yet? I need to know if it will be fixed or if I have to workaround it my end.
                        There is nothing to be fixed because you are not using the proper methods from the documention.
                        As LiamP said goto:-
                        https://docs.developer.betfair.com/d...28bot%29+login

Comment

With respect. If they are not the proper methods then why did Betfair supply a login PHP function?? Plus you have already admited not knowing what getAcookie is so how can you comment on it validity???

If it was to be depreciated then we could have been warned.
                          Last edited by iBetUK; 03-08-2020, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Hope this is of use to some of you. I have manage to get something working. I re-wrote the CURL function

(More issues!! It won't let me post the code here for some reason)

error_converting_message
                            Error information: " 403 error "

Then you call the function to create the Session Token:

$sessionToken = getSession($UserName, $Password, $appKey);
                            Last edited by iBetUK; 03-08-2020, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGo View Post

There is nothing to be fixed because you are not using the proper methods from the documention.
                              As LiamP said goto:-
                              https://docs.developer.betfair.com/d...28bot%29+login
                              How do you know what method I am using?

Comment

Working...
                              X