Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

listClearedOrders further back than 90 days?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • listClearedOrders further back than 90 days?

    Hi,

    How can one retrieve cleared orders further back than the 90 day limit? Is it possible for BDP support to generate a one-off-dump for particular strategy IDs? The documentation reads a bit ambiguously but it seems you cannot go further back than 90 days with listClearedOrders even when specifying a timerange.

    Thanks



    ​​

  • #2
    Most people who go to the immense trouble of writing a program that interacts with the API will run it frequently enough for this not to be a concern. How you can overcome it initially, I have no idea. I can't see BDP providing you with such a dump. They are more likely to refer you to the archived data.

    Comment


    • #3
      90 days is the limit for both the api and the website. You will need to get the full 90 days and save it to a database. Then it's just a case of keeping it updated on a regular basis and using that for lookups, back testing, etc.
      http://www.bespokebots.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by wotsisname View Post
        90 days is the limit for both the api and the website. You will need to get the full 90 days and save it to a database. Then it's just a case of keeping it updated on a regular basis and using that for lookups, back testing, etc.
        You seemed to be my competitor in bespoke app bot development for betfair api.

        I think you are not so skilled developer because it is good practice to test written code, right?

        Whatever backend code I have/had written I test by unit test, and like me you could find that when grouping results by market you can get more than 90 days of your betting or trading history, in my case I can go back to 12 March 2017 with calling listClearedOrders method.

        Betfair BOT SDK

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bfexplorer View Post

          You seemed to be my competitor in bespoke app bot development for betfair api.

          I think you are not so skilled developer because it is good practice to test written code, right?

          Whatever backend code I have/had written I test by unit test, and like me you could find that when grouping results by market you can get more than 90 days of your betting or trading history, in my case I can go back to 12 March 2017 with calling listClearedOrders method.
          The OP will be pleased with your informative reply. The API documentation states that 90 days is the maximum and I have never needed to test other parameters as I do not use listClearedOrders beyond the suggested 90 days.

          To clarify the matter, I am not your "competitor" as I don't have any commercial applications on my website and am NOT a professional developer, nor have I ever claimed to be. If somebody wants to use my API library as a starting block, then they are free to do so and I do not charge anything for my code. Regarding your attitude, I would recommend you try being more welcoming as your ego boosting posts are very poor advertisement for your products and customer support.
          http://www.bespokebots.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by wotsisname View Post

            The OP will be pleased with your informative reply. The API documentation states that 90 days is the maximum and I have never needed to test other parameters as I do not use listClearedOrders beyond the suggested 90 days.

            To clarify the matter, I am not your "competitor" as I don't have any commercial applications on my website and am NOT a professional developer, nor have I ever claimed to be. If somebody wants to use my API library as a starting block, then they are free to do so and I do not charge anything for my code. Regarding your attitude, I would recommend you try being more welcoming as your ego boosting posts are very poor advertisement for your products and customer support.
            Customer support?

            So getting additional information to what can be done by betfair api, and how can it be used correctly is bad customer support? Really quite strange.

            Your misleading information is bad support, because you even mislead others to believe that you offer something valuable, but opposite is true, they just waste time on it.

            Now you claim you do not offer bespoke bot development, and that it is for free, but having donate button on web site:

            BespokeBots Betfair API-NG Library by Birchy

            "bespoke" from English dictionary:

            made for a particular customer or user.

            making or selling bespoke goods

            For any python development I would suggest to use:

            https://github.com/liampauling/flumine

            And lastly sir, are you able to understand plain english sentence? Because he asked:

            "How can one retrieve cleared orders further back than the 90 day limit?"

            And I replied: "when grouping results by market you can get more than 90 days.."
            Last edited by bfexplorer; 05-06-2020, 09:21 AM.
            Betfair BOT SDK

            Comment


            • #7
              As mentioned in my previous post, you have correctly answered the original question with an informative reply.

              Regarding my website and API library, it is free for anyone to use, or not use, as they wish. Everyone has the freedom of choice. My library was designed to be simple to use for none-professional developers and those who have only a basic knowledge of programming. It has been downloaded thousands of times and sometimes people say thank you and send me donations because it has saved them many hours of development time. Donations are voluntary. I do not charge a monthly subscription or request payment. It is a free resource.

              There ARE better and more advanced API libraries available from other sources, however beginners often find them quite difficult to use as they do not fully understand the programming language. For those people, my "dumb" api library is enough to get them started. I have used my own library for many years. It does what I need and nothing more. My personal bots run 24/7 and never fall over due to program bugs, so I must be doing something right....
              http://www.bespokebots.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by wotsisname View Post
                I have used my own library for many years. It does what I need and nothing more. My personal bots run 24/7 and never fall over due to program bugs, so I must be doing something right....
                Sir, I am familiar with many programming languages including python I used to make ML model and simple flask api server app to expose ML model to my bots, as mostly I used .net programming languages for betfair bot programming like C# or my favourite F#, and did not find other way to interoperate between python and .net.

                Well yes now I am experimenting with pythonnet to integrate python scripting to my app, for now I support only F# scripts.

                I downloaded your library and it is just wrapper for couple api methods, without implementing any app domain or services. Therefore I really wonder to see some examples of using your library in betfair application, as you say: "My personal bots run 24/7 and never fall over due to program bugs, so I must be doing something right." and “It has been downloaded thousands of times and sometimes people say thank you and send me donations because it has saved them many hours of development time.”

                Well, my library was not download thousands of times, therefore I believe you have got a lot of sample code, for instance implementing this feature, one of Bet Angle users was asking for:

                “how to back the favourite at Betfair SP. I am having problems when the favourite changes late in betting.”

                I have done such simple bot script:

                http://bfexplorer.net/Community/BlogContent/533

                And I am really interested to see your python implementation for exact the same simple bot. Your web site was funded in 2008 so I believe your level of expertise is even better than mine. If you show me better solution in python, I will be glad to donate your splendid work and use your library instead of mine.
                Betfair BOT SDK

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yes, I have lots of other libraries that I use for my personal bots, but they are not publicly available. For obvious reasons, they will not be shared.
                  http://www.bespokebots.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    So you are not able to program 50-100 lines of code to print horse names and its betfair starting prices, for all today's races like I did in my example?

                    It is nothing secret, I do not ask you to share your strategy, but you say yourself your code is used in bots, so please show us using of your python library in this simple example.

                    https://gist.github.com/StefanBelo/e...a3bae1437a6641

                    Above is my code, and you can use it exactly as I described.
                    Betfair BOT SDK

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X