Cannot create app key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot create app key

I am trying to create an app key via the visualiser to use the new API, but I can't get it working. Below is my console log when calling createDeveloperAppKeys and getDeveloperAppKeys from the visualiser.

Calling createDeveloperAppKeys gives:

Code:
    Request AppKey: 
    Request data: 
    [{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AccountAPING/v1.0/createDeveloperAppKeys", "params": {"appName":"test"}, "id": 1}] 
    Response truncated to 4,000 chars: 
    [{"jsonrpc":"2.0","error":{"code":-32099,"message":"AANGX-0008","data":{"AccountAPINGException":{"errorDetails":"","errorCode":"APP_KEY_CREATION_FAILED","requestUUID”:”<removed>”},”exceptionname":"AccountAPINGException"}},"id":1}]
    Calling getDeveloperAppKeys gives:

Code:
    Request AppKey: 
    Request data: 
    [{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AccountAPING/v1.0/getDeveloperAppKeys", "params": {}, "id": 1}] 
    Response truncated to 4,000 chars: 
    [{"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[],"id":1}]
    createDeveloperAppKeys obviously fails but there is no message to indicate why. I am using a valid session id (tried both the autofill in Chrome, and the session id returned from certLogin).

What could be causing this?
    Last edited by 1nner; 19-10-2015, 11:51 PM.

This is a guess.....

Is this the first AppKey that you have tried to generate?

If so, then it is probably failing on the AppName that you have provided. The AppName must be unique across all apps, I think, so calling something "test" is unlikely to be accepted. Give the app a proper name and hopefully the key generation will work.

If you already have an AppKey on your account, then I don't think you are able to create another AppKey, so you would have to contact BDP direct.

Comment

Yep, solved thanks. I interpreted it to mean 'unique to your account' not globally unique.

Comment

Working...
      X