Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Python place bets using for loop with size and selection ID in pandas dataframe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Python place bets using for loop with size and selection ID in pandas dataframe.

Hello,

I have started looking at the API. I am looking at the UK to win horse racing market. I have created a method, got my live API and able to place individual bets.

I have the bets and the selection ID in a dataframe. I want to pass these to a function which will place these bets on the selection ID using a for loop. This looks like this:

def placeFailingBet(marketId, selectionId, size):
    if( marketId is not None and selectionId is not None):
    print ('Calling placeOrder for marketId :' + marketId + ' with selection id :' + str(selectionId))
    place_order_Req = '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "SportsAPING/v1.0/placeOrders", "params": {"marketId":"' + marketId + '","instructions":'\
    '[{"selectionId":"' + str(
    selectionId) + '","handicap":"0","side":"BACK","orderType":"LIMIT ","limitOrder":{"size":' \
    + str(size) + ',"price":"1.50","persistenceType":"LAPSE"}}],"customerRef":"test12121212121"}, "id": 1}'
    """
    print(place_order_Req)
    """
    place_order_Response = callAping(place_order_Req)
    place_order_load = json.loads(place_order_Response)

I then call the function like so:

size = df['size'].astype(str)
    size = '"' + size + '"'
    size = size

for i, j in zip(size, selectionId):

placeFailingBet(marketId = marketId, selectionId = j, size = i)

This will place a bet but only for the first row. I want it to place a bet for all the rows in the dataframe.

Any help would be great cheers,
    Sandy
    Last edited by Sandy; 16-03-2019, 11:13 PM. Reason: Simplifying code to make easier to read

EDIT

I don't seem to have rights to edit posts so I would like to show my edit which hopefully makes the code a bit easier to read and a link with an associated python file:

Hello,

I have started looking at the API. I am looking at the UK to win horse racing market. I have created a method, got my live API and able to place individual bets.

I have the bets and the selection ID in a dataframe. I want to pass these to a function which will place these bets on the selection ID using a for loop. This looks like this:

def placeFailingBet(marketId, selectionId, size):
    if( marketId is not None and selectionId is not None):
    print ('Calling placeOrder for marketId :' + marketId + ' with selection id :' + str(selectionId))
    place_order_Req = '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "SportsAPING/v1.0/placeOrders", "params": {"marketId":"' + marketId + '","instructions":'\
    '[{"selectionId":"' + str(
    selectionId) + '","handicap":"0","side":"BACK","orderType":"LIMIT ","limitOrder":{"size":' \
    + str(size) + ',"price":"1.50","persistenceType":"LAPSE"}}],"customerRef":"test12121212121"}, "id": 1}'
    """
    print(place_order_Req)
    """
    place_order_Response = callAping(place_order_Req)
    place_order_load = json.loads(place_order_Response)

I then call the function like so:

size = df['size'].astype(str)
    size = '"' + size + '"'
    size = size

for i, j in zip(size, selectionId):

placeFailingBet(marketId = marketId, selectionId = j, size = i)

This will place a bet but only for the first row. I want it to place a bet for all the rows in the dataframe.

I have made a python file available at the following link which will give you a better idea of my approach: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m8n...ew?usp=sharing

Any help would be great cheers,
    Sandy

Comment

Ok, I have just gone through my code again and have now found out that there is a duplicate customer reference error. Therefore I assume I will need to generate a new customer reference for every order made.

Comment

Have you tried using betfairlightweight? It will allow you to focus on what you want to do rather than dealing with the requests.

https://github.com/liampauling/betfair

Comment

LiamP I've not seen this github page. Thanks for the heads up.

I've got it working now though. I think I'm to eager to get it working and rushing my work.

Comment

Working...
          X