HTTP Post 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTTP Post 500

Thought API 6.0 was being de-commissioned yesterday. Had been testing against API NG for weeks. And then yesterday was the first day I had experienced a HTTP Post 500 on it. Anyone else have problems?

Development team posted the following elsewhere on this forum a week or two ago:

"Further to our earlier announcements and owing to a requirement from Betfair Australia, the retirement of API 5.0 & 6.0 has been delayed and this will now take place on Monday 10th November 2014 (GMT timezone).

Sunday 9th November 2014 will be the final day of full service on API 5.0 & 6.0

We strongly recommend that no attempts are made to access API 5.0 & 6.0 on the 10th November as you will experience service disruption, leading to non-availability, as we decommission the service during that day.

If you have not done so already and would like to continue using the Betfair API, please migrate your application(s) to API-NG now to avoid any disruption to your activity.

We would like to thank all customers for their patience & support during the migration period."

I was getting a number of Error 500 messages. I now catch the error as a System.Net.WebException, and use GoTo to loop back to repeat the json request. I haven't had any 500 messages since I did that.
    With regards
    Mike

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Mike. I have only just started using this forum and don't think I should have to to find out what is changing regarding the API.

Big thanks regarding your workaround for the 500 errors. Don't want to wound mean but I reckon Betfair should sort those out. Only happened to me during the high period on Saturday afternoon so I suspect it is a lack of capacity underlying the problem.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X