Free API

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bnl
    replied
    Well, I guess that depends.
    What is an application?
    I have a _collection_ of programs/processes
    that collaborate. There are at least 6 different
    executables. I consider them together as one bot,
    a bot system, hence they all share AppKey.

    But if I would write something completely unrelated,
    I'd probably would get another AppKey.

    But I really think Betfair should clarify its intended use of
    AppKeys

    /Björn

    Leave a comment:


  • betdynamics
    replied
    Originally posted by bnl View Post
    It would be extremely annoying if I made a iPhone/Android-app that was downloaded by the thousands,
    and I had to create a new 'AppKey' for every user.
    You don't!

    What you need to do is to get your App (and its associated AppKey) accredited by BDP. Once you have done that, your AppKey allows User Management, so you can control the people who have access to the app.

    People using the app still need to be "activated" which is done through the subscriber functions in the API.

    Leave a comment:


  • mizar1
    replied
    ok thanks
    but 'I can only create a appkey, and if I wanted to do more applications?
    Use the same appkey for other applications?

    Leave a comment:


  • bnl
    replied
    Still, it's called 'AppKey', not 'AccountKey', nor 'UserKey'
    If Betfair wants a distinct key for all user and bot combinations, it should state that clearly.
    I interpret 'AppKey' as an id for an application, so it can be traced if misbehaved.
    At login, you give username and 'AppKey', so if I am not correct, the second user I log in with should be denied.
    But that is not happening -> it ok using same AppKey for the same bot with different logins.

    It would be extremely annoying if I made a iPhone/Android-app that was downloaded by the thousands,
    and I had to create a new 'AppKey' for every user.


    /Björn

    Leave a comment:


  • mizar1
    replied
    I also have the same problem

    in the case that says BNL but 'the app the key you created for your account I do not think it is right to use it to distribute to various users

    you should create a appkey for each user

    Leave a comment:


  • bnl
    replied
    I run the same bot with two accounts.
    Me and a friend are developing the bot, and we have one account each.
    The bot uses the same AppKey, since it IS the same app.
    It does use different accounts and passwords though (using the interactive login)
    /Björn

    Leave a comment:


  • davecon
    replied
    Hi Betdynamics
    Its just the same as the old one as far as I can see (With Just one Set of AppKeys required by the compiler with this new one)
    I can log into all my sub accounts and also My Dads and my Friends accounts with just my own AppKeys (Both Live and Delay) using just their UserName and Password
    Get your mates password and have a go (He can change it first of course)
    Betfair will have to do it this way because how would they know (BF) which was a Sub Account or another Persons? Only other way would to Limit everybody to just one account but that would not be practical
    Hope this helps (I am talking about the UK though - Aus cant have sub accounts for instance so dont know about other countries)
    Dave

    Originally posted by betdynamics View Post
    Under the old v6 API, there was the ability to log on to the API using any Betfair account as long as you were logging on to the free API (i.e. the product id was the free API product id).

    Is there an equivalent in the API-NG? (i.e. is there a standard AppKey that is used for the "free" API)

    I only ask as I have a friend who has asked me to knock up a quick utility for him. Does he have to register for an AppKey in order for his Betfair account to be able to use the API-NG ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Guest
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by betdynamics View Post
    Under the old v6 API, there was the ability to log on to the API using any Betfair account as long as you were logging on to the free API (i.e. the product id was the free API product id).

    Is there an equivalent in the API-NG? (i.e. is there a standard AppKey that is used for the "free" API)

    I only ask as I have a friend who has asked me to knock up a quick utility for him. Does he have to register for an AppKey in order for his Betfair account to be able to use the API-NG ?
    I believe the answer is yes, he will need his own AppKey for his Betfair account.

    As far as keys go, only the live and delay key available, however betfair have stated here somewhere that the API_NG will be free (however will restrict the number of times you can call the API per second.)

    Leave a comment:


  • betdynamics
    started a topic Free API

    Free API

    Under the old v6 API, there was the ability to log on to the API using any Betfair account as long as you were logging on to the free API (i.e. the product id was the free API product id).

    Is there an equivalent in the API-NG? (i.e. is there a standard AppKey that is used for the "free" API)

    I only ask as I have a friend who has asked me to knock up a quick utility for him. Does he have to register for an AppKey in order for his Betfair account to be able to use the API-NG ?
Working...
X