The Odds at which You Can Place and Edit Bets - Incorrect in Documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Odds at which You Can Place and Edit Bets - Incorrect in Documentation

The odds table provided on page 120 of the Official Documentation is completely wrong.

Link is here: https://developer.betfair.com/assets...User-Guide.pdf

It states odds increments that even a cursory look at in-play market shows is wrong. According to this table a bet at 19.5 is possible, but in fact it is not. 19.4 is, 19.6 is, and that points to the correct increment in that part of the ladder, but if we're meant to be writing sane software, this is documentation is useless.

Further it would appear the odds ladder is not quite the same as the API-NG ladder in several areas.

Can Betfair please update the docs, and could somebody please provide an accurate odds table here?

I think I figured it out

I've had to do some reverse engineering but I think this is about right.

1.01 to 2.0 increments at 0.01
    2.02 to 3.0 increments at 0.02
    3.05 to 5.0 increments at 0.05
    5.1 to 10.0 increments at 0.1
    10.0 to 20 increments at 0.2
    20 to 30 increments at 1.0
    30 to 50 increments at 2
    50 to 100 increment at 5
    100 to 1000 increments in 10

Not the same as any docs I've seen, but would appreciate confirmation from Betfair.

Comment

I'm seeing INVALID_SIZE_OR_PRICE for odds of 4.0 and 17.0, and have since realised that 50-100 is incremented at 2.0 as well.

It seems there is a great deal of inconsistency in docs and implementation, so some guidance would be appreciated.

Comment

Are you referring to the odds table for standard sports betting or for the Exchange Games API (i.e. Poker, Baccarat, etc) ?

Comment

Exchange Games. Look at the PDF I linked to (the Developer Guide for Exchange Games), go to the appendix referencing the odds and you'll see that the table is wrong.

I took a look at the API-NG odds table which is closer than that table, but is still wrong.

I'm therefore looking for the right documentation for Exchange Games: the official documentation appears to be in error.

Comment

Still no reply?

My last post on this was the 21st February.

We're now on the 12th March.

This is a fundamental question. I believe I have the answer, but it might be wrong so I don't want to publish it.

I want Betfair to publish correct documentation.

Betfair need to decide if they want to support developers or not. The documentation is wrong. This forum is silent on being able to fix it.

This is absurd.

Comment

Contact BDP directly at bdp@betfair.com - they are usually very responsive.

Comment

Hi TOTGA.

We are checking this. The Games API documentation hasn't been updated for sometime so its likely that the odds increments have changed since the last version was published.

I'll confirm the correct odds increments here once these have been confirmed.

Thanks and sorry for the delay in responding.

Neil

Comment

Hi TOTGA,

I can confirm the Exchange Games increments are as follows:

1.01 to 2.0 increments at 0.01
                  2.02 to 3.0 increments at 0.02
                  3.05 to 5.0 increments at 0.05
                  5.1 to 10.0 increments at 0.1
                  10.0 to 20 increments at 0.2
                  20 to 30 increments at 0.5
                  30 to 50 increments at 1
                  50 to 100 increment at 2