Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experienced API programmer/developer needed to reincarnate a successful horse system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experienced API programmer/developer needed to reincarnate a successful horse system

I am seeking a serious programmer/developer (or company) to implement an automatic horse racing system which is the reincarnation of an earlier successful system which was created more than 10 years ago. The specification is complete and detailed. All the algorithms are defined..I need someone to build the API interface. I am not seeking a partner and have experience of dealing with (and paying) professional developers the "going rate". Ideally the developer/programmer would be located in the South of England (but this is not essential). I have been a Betfair Major Account (VIP) for more than 12 years. My original developer has moved onwards and upwards in a world leading corporate entity and sadly no longer has the time to complete this development. I will be happy to provide further details to any serious respondents. It is difficult to estimate the man-hours required for Phase 1 of the development but the best guess is that it will be in the region of 50 -150 man hours.

Schrodinger
    Are you a physicist too?
    How much would you be prepared to pay?
    I am experienced in C# and other languages. I would charge £60 per hour for the first 20hrs then £50 per hour for longer projects.
    Does this sound reasonable?
    Due to this F*******g virus I now have a lot of "home time" so it would be good to get it started!

Comment

Yes I am a physicist (well I studied it some years ago.) I am online right now!

Those man-hour rates seem reasonable(ish) but like you, money just got a little tighter so I was hoping for a slightly better rate. I would prefer to work on a "fixed price quotation" basis and so have a sum for Phase 1 in mind. If you have experience of the API and have built horse systems in the past then perhaps you are more efficient and therefore the quotation would be OK. I have a price range in mind for Phase 1.
      Send me your details and I will send you the detailed specification (with a few key redactions!)

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger View Post
        I am seeking a serious programmer/developer (or company) to implement an automatic horse racing system which is the reincarnation of an earlier successful system which was created more than 10 years ago. The specification is complete and detailed. All the algorithms are defined..I need someone to build the API interface. I am not seeking a partner and have experience of dealing with (and paying) professional developers the "going rate". Ideally the developer/programmer would be located in the South of England (but this is not essential). I have been a Betfair Major Account (VIP) for more than 12 years. My original developer has moved onwards and upwards in a world leading corporate entity and sadly no longer has the time to complete this development. I will be happy to provide further details to any serious respondents. It is difficult to estimate the man-hours required for Phase 1 of the development but the best guess is that it will be in the region of 50 -150 man hours.
        I develop bespoke apps or bots, here is my app:

http://bfexplorer.net/Products/Bfexplorer

and on forum you can see different use cases of my code, for horse racing:

http://bfexplorer.net/Articles/ByTag?tag=Horse%20Racing
        Last edited by bfexplorer; 18-03-2020, 12:11 PM.
        Betfair BOT SDK

Comment

Very unlikely that an old system will still work in today's markets.
          Last edited by LetsGo; 19-03-2020, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Hey Schrodinger,

If you're still looking for a developper I would be interested. I'm happy to quote for a fixed price rather than hourly. Can you send me the details in private so I can do a thorough estimate on my end of the time it'll take?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X