MetaData for a race meeting

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • geoffw123
    replied
    Hello

    I would be perfectly happy to answer any technical questions that you have regarding Betfair, guess what, for free of charge ! I am aware you are very knowledgeble on this subject so that is unlikely to be needed. The offer stands however.
    From this and other posts, you seem to have no concept that people sometimes do things just to be helpful and pass on information without wanting financial reward.

    I guess you dont want to answer the 4 questions I posted, never mind. I think I prefer living in my world than yours !

    I dont want to get into an argument with you, just a polite request to tone down the adverts in future please. Thanks

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • bfexplorer
    replied
    Originally posted by geoffw123 View Post

    Geoff
    What you can do for free for me, please elaborate?

    Because questions you asked for, are results of couple hours of work actually exceeding amount you would pay for bfexplorer subscription.

    Just say what you can do for free for me, and I will reply with free advice, if information/work you will provide will be worse for me.

    I use my app, so any answers are biased to using the code/know-how/skills with my app.I simply cannot take a piece of code from my app, and make it work for anyone, as such piece of code is part of bfexplorer backend code.

    To get access to betfair api, you pay fees to betfair.

    To get access to betfair api, and use my code, you pay bfexplorer subscription, what is difference here? My code uses my vendors app key, and for this app key I had to pay as anyone else.

    Yes, I see big difference here, as to get working anything in public domain will take you months of your own work, with uncertain results.

    Using my bot sdk will give you all in one working day, if you are .net developer.

    The question Australian was asking has been answered by me, so what is your problem? I actually added additional information Liam was not mentioning.

    There are two sources of data Australian was asking and I showed them in my video, showing 2 different methods to get data, and data itself.

    Leave a comment:


  • geoffw123
    replied
    Hi BFExplorer

    Why do you answer every technical question posted on these forums, with an advert for people to buy your BFExplorer App ? We heard you the first 10,000 messsages. It is getting very tedious, It is also probably contravening the terms of use of this forum, spamming ads is likely not allowed.

    This thread is actually an interesting question, You are obviously are a good programmer and have deep knowledge in this area, I challenge you to actually make a useful contribution and answer the actual technical questions such as

    Q1) what exactly is this API ? What Betfair page uses this API ?
    Q2) what exactly is this API Endpoint ?
    Q3) How easy is it to use ? Do you have to login to use the API, if so what userId & password are needed ?
    Q4) What data is actually provided ?


    For Liam
    Thanks for your post and link to python code, it was interesting to peruse. I am not a python programmer and couldnt get it to work on a quick try.
    If you could maybe answer the above questions it would be great too, thanks.

    Geoff
    Last edited by geoffw123; 25-08-2019, 11:39 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • bfexplorer
    replied
    Originally posted by OzPunter View Post
    Thanks bfExplorer, I gather these are programs for sale?
    Bfexplorer BOT SDK is free bonus to Bfexplorer app:

    http://bfexplorer.net/Products/BfexplorerBotSDK

    so basically you can get access to any piece of code I wrote from 2007, which is included to BOT SDK libraries. My short video shows using of this bot sdk libraries code, when querying additional info for horse racing market, so:

    Code:
        let! result = BetfairWebApiDataProvider.GetHorseRaceData(market.MarketInfo)
    
        if result.IsSuccessResult
        then
            let horseRaceData = result.SuccessResult
    
            printfn "%A" horseRaceData
    Last edited by bfexplorer; 25-08-2019, 09:36 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • OzPunter
    replied
    Originally posted by LiamP View Post

    That endpoint gives you the going along with type/distance/prize money etc.
    Thanks Liamp, I'll dig into that, not sure how to access the data though..

    Leave a comment:


  • OzPunter
    replied
    Thanks bfExplorer, I gather these are programs for sale?

    Leave a comment:


  • bfexplorer
    replied
    You can get any information about race and runners, have a look at here:

    https://youtu.be/CX0k_U--8zo

    Leave a comment:


  • LiamP
    replied
    Originally posted by OzPunter View Post
    Thank LiamP, I'm mainly interested in the track condition or state of the going. Not sure if that site gives me that. Thanks anyway, it might be easier to scrape a local racing website, its not easy finding the state of the track when you're on the other side of the planet.. hehe..
    That endpoint gives you the going along with type/distance/prize money etc.

    Leave a comment:


  • OzPunter
    replied
    Thank LiamP, I'm mainly interested in the track condition or state of the going. Not sure if that site gives me that. Thanks anyway, it might be easier to scrape a local racing website, its not easy finding the state of the track when you're on the other side of the planet.. hehe..

    Leave a comment:


  • LiamP
    replied
    You can use a private API that the website uses:

    https://github.com/liampauling/betfa...ts/racecard.py

    Leave a comment:


  • OzPunter
    started a topic MetaData for a race meeting

    MetaData for a race meeting

    While there is lots of runner data for horse racing contained in the metadata, is there any similar data available for a race meeting, in particular the track condition, like good, slow, heavy for example? Anybody Know? or do I have to scrape a local website for that info..
Working...
X