SP LAY bets remain LAPSED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP LAY bets remain LAPSED

Hi, I would like to point out a strange behaviour regarding SP bets.
    I know that with SP bets there is no mathematically certain to be matched, but in my long experience with Betfair, I never had a LAPSED bet.
    Instead, recently, all the bets that I place with persistence market_on_close, bidtype=LAY are not matched and remain lapsed. The size is below the minimum, from 0.50 to 1 euro on average.
    This is happening also to many other users, which with me are following a common tipping service, and use different programs to place bets.
    The bet is correctly placed and appears on the web site with the correct persistence a few instances before the start. Then, as soon as the race starts, I find it in the LAPSED clearedOrders list.
    Maybe there are some new lower size limits for this kind of bets?

Hi ipposnif,

Please see the below from the Betfair SP FAQ's (https://promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/FAQs_theBasics.html) regarding this:

Can I request to ‘Take SP’ on an unmatched lay bet if my liability is less than £10? (Minimum liability)

Yes, but at the off if the liability on the bet is less than £10 the bet will be cancelled and will not be included in the SP reconciliation.

For example: As an Exchange layer I decide to lay a horse for £5 @ 2.0. It is trading at 3.0 so my bet is unmatched. I then request to ‘Take SP’ at the off if my bet is still unmatched at 2.0. The system will allow this request but if unmatched at the off it will lapse. Also, if a customer for example asks to lay £50 at 1.5, convert to SP if unmatched, and £40 gets taken leaving £10 lay at 1.5 the balance will cancel at the off. It will not convert into an SP lay bet as the revised balance at the off was less than the minimum £10 liability allowed for SP bets.
    Thanks

Neil

Comment

Thank you very much for the clarification. I completely missed this rule, because I have always placed BACK SP bets. Has this rule been recently added, or has it always been there?

Comment

Hi,

Yes, this rule has been in place since the launch of BSP

Thanks

Neil

Comment

Thanks again and cheers for the astonishing system!

Comment

Working...
          X