Transaction charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transaction charges

Recently I was charged for EUR245 for for big number of transactions generated during one hour. I was really surprised because I have implemented transactions counter in order to not reach the limit. Once I was charged I checked my counter and found that at the peak I did have about 4500 transactions during two consecutive hours (market requests and price requests are not counted). But even that two hours amount didnt reach Betfairs 5000 threshold - http://www.betfair.com/www/GBR/en/ab.../#TranCharges2

It looks like Betfair still continues to charge for old 1000 transactions limit. Did anybody faced such improper charging for transactions number?
    Last edited by shuba; 10-09-2020, 10:24 PM.
    Betting developers forum (russian speaking) - bettingdeveloper.org

BetOnDroid - ladder interface for Android platform.

For me, I am quite sure they don't charge for 1000, but I was correctly charged for > 5000 a few days ago. It looks like they now also count failed transactions in their charges. Do you include this in your counter? I guess they will send a report for your transactions if you ask for it.

Comment

My internal counter counts every outgoing transaction regardless of the result.
      My last charge report request was rejected. But I will try again.
      Thanks

Comment

They also include calls to CancelOrder now where they didn't before

Comment

Two hundred and forty-five euros??? That seems hugely excessive. In the examples in the link you provided, excess calls are charged at 0.002p or 500 per UK£.

At the moment, 245 Euros is worth £226.80. So throughout the day, the total number of calls for the hours that exceeded 5000 would have had to be in excess of 113400 (226.80/0.002). And that doesn't take into account all the commission you'd paid on winning bets.

Sounds to me like an error somewhere along the line.

Comment

Have Betfair confirmed that calls to CancelOrders are included? I don't believe that is correct with what is set out in their Terms & Conditions.

I am surprised they include in Failed Transactions those that are a Betfair problem, e.g. ERROR_IN_MATCHER. If this is the only error being returned then how are you going to know when their problem has been fixed and bets can be placed successfully again?

Comment

I emailed them to confirm. Neil T confirmed to me by email that calls to CancelOrder was also counted for the purpose of the charge. I was also doubtful as previously it wasn't the case. I haven't risked not counting CancelOrder, but it would be good if we could get addtional confirmation from Betfair on this.

Comment

The Terms & Conditions say a transaction "shall include all bets placed and all failed transactions" A successful call to CancelOrders is neither a bet placed or a failed transaction. So if CancelOrders calls are being included in the transaction count then the T & C need to reflect this ASAP.

Comment

Hi All,

Only failed cancellation requests are counted as failed transactions, Successful cancellation requests aren't counted.

Thanks

Neil

Comment

Note that if a single request (to PlaceOrders/CancelOrders) containing multiple orders fails, every order in the request counts as one transaction!

Comment

Answer from Betfair support is really funny. It looks like they are free to charge any amount at any time if they really need money)

"We could provide transaction statement to you but it doesnt include failed transactions"
                      "In other words Betfair can charge for any amount but there is no way to confirm or double check that charge is fair? Am I correct?"
                      "That's correct. It is imposed for the number of bets placed per hour. In this case, it was in excess of 5000. In accordance with our terms & conditions, we can impose this charge if you exceed a certain number of bets per hour. It's explained on that page & if you do exceed it, a charge will be imposed due to market data control."

Comment

Hi shuba

We could provide transaction statement to you but it doesn't include failed transactions
                        This is incorrect, we can provide a breakdown of your failed transactions if required. If you need such a report please contact bdp@betfair.com directly. We can also follow up re the previous mail you received from Betfair support

Thanks

Neil

Comment

Thank you, I have sent
                          Last edited by shuba; 17-09-2020, 07:24 AM.

Comment

I look forward to seeing this. My earlier post estimates that you must have had more than a hundred thousand transactions in your excess hours, which seems unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by jabe View Post
                              I look forward to seeing this. My earlier post estimates that you must have had more than a hundred thousand transactions in your excess hours, which seems unlikely.
                              Yes, it is about 125 000 transactions per hour. Looks like a too much amount

Comment

Working...
                              X