Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems returning EX_BEST_OFFERS from listMarketBook

Hi,

I'm fairly new using the API (using java) and this is my first post. Any help is highly appreciated!

I have managed to set up a system to retrieve relevant events, get latest odds and place order. However, I'm now trying to get the prices and volumes (sizes) for the closest 3 available prices in order to calculate WOM.

I am using the listMarketBook method with default setBestPricesDepth parameter (3) and PriceProjection set to "EX_BEST_OFFERS". When inspecting Runner.getEx().getAvailableToBack() I correctly get 3 prices, but they seem fairly random when comparing them to the price ladders on betfair.com.

For example the betfair.com ladder for Hearts vs Motherwell shows:
    2.14 | 1679
    2.12 | 1248
    2.08 | 1824

While the 3 returned results from listMarketBook is:
    2.14 | 1314.27
    2.08 | 733.74
    1.02 | 48.22

There are discrepancies in the volumes, and sometimes (as for 2.12 above), complete prices are missing. Aren't EX_BEST_OFFERS supposed to give med the 3 top available prices? Is there something I don't understand here?
    Last edited by supereinis; 06-03-2020, 01:26 PM.

Hi,

I think I solved this by including the virtualized parameter as per this article: https://support.developer.betfair.co...I-application-

This gives me the correct list of unmatched volumes, however I have yet to find where to get lists of matched volumes in the same manner. I have tried using Runner.getMatches() but it gives me an empty list..

Comment

Hi again,

I managed to figure this out as well.

Using Runner.getTradedVolume() and not Runner.getMatches() did the trick.

Sorry for all the posts. I got what I need now.

Comment

Working...
      X