Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profit Calculation

Hello,

Can someone please explain me if what is stated as "averagePriceMatched" in CurrentOrderSummary is the weighted average price matched or simply the average.

Because I am trying to figure out if I can calculate by myself the profit. So if lets say my initial bet was £10@2.6 and got matched £5@2.6 and £5@2.7.
    Can someone tell me what Betfair will return to me as "averagePriceMatched"? Because if it is just the average 2.6+2.7 / 2 = 2.65. Then obviously I will not be able to calculate the profit by myself.

Thanks in advance

PLV,
    It's a weighted average - your example's not great, as an equal split of £5 at each price will return the same either way, but if it was matched as £8@2.6 and £2@2.7 it would return (8 x 2.6 + 2 x 2.7) / 10 = 2.62

It also gets rounded to 2 decimal places, so if you need a figure accurate to the penny, you need to check the individual fragment matches using listMarketBook with the orderProjection set to 'EXECUTION_COMPLETE' and the matchProjection set to 'NO_ROLLUP'.

Cheers,

Merlin

Comment

Hi,

If you want a slightly different approach I today posted some VB that I am using to call for the cashout available in the same way Betfair pages do it.

Comment

hello Neil W., where can we find those VB calls? thanks

Comment

this is the vb for getting the cashout values
          you need a marketid your token and appkey, think the thought police may have got to my thread. Be quick.

Function MarketCashoutAvailable(MarketID As String) As Single

Dim oHTTP As New MSXML2.XMLHTTP60

AppKey="my appkey"
          token="my token"

sReq = "http://www.betfair.com/cashout-service/readonly/v1.0/quote?alt=json&currencyCode=GBP&marketIds=" & MarketID

With oHTTP

' .Open "POST", "https://api.betfair.com/exchange/account/json-rpc/v1"
          .Open "GET", sReq, 0

.setRequestHeader "Host", "www.betfair.com"
          .setRequestHeader "Connection", "keep-alive"
          .setRequestHeader "Cache-Control", "Max-age=0"
          .setRequestHeader "X-Application", AppKey
          .setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "application/json"
          .setRequestHeader "Accept", "application/json"
          .setRequestHeader "X-Authentication", token
          End With

oHTTP.send sReq

returnstring = oHTTP.responseText

End Function

Comment

Thank you for answer.
            I didnt understand document. how to use betfair api in c# ??

Comment

Working...
            X