Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Betfair's official policy on this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BetfairDeveloperProgram
    replied
    Hi geoffw123

To widely distribute any App, the app must first go through the Vendor certification process. However, in the circumstances below we can discuss on a case by case basis:

See comments below relating to this.

a) Two developers based in different locations (different IP's) working on 1 app together.
    Each developer should use their own Betfair account and Application Key to work on the project.

b) For the streaming API the currency used is always UKP, and then the app needs to check the specific currency of the users account and convert accordingly to their local currency. To properly test that conversion is working, an App author cannot change his local currency to test other currencies, he would need testers in other countries. I.e multiple users to test the App is working
    In the event you need to test the App with multiple currencies, we can discuss providing limited access to the app for a very small number of beta customers for a limited time as we are unable to provide multi-currency support from a single Betfair account.

Please contact Developer Support for further info.

Thanks

Neil

Leave a comment:

• geoffw123
    replied
    Yes that makes sense, I am not disagreeing. However there are scenarios that suggest they dont enforce that single user rule rigorously. Here are a couple that spring to mind.

a) Two developers based in different locations (different IP's) working on 1 app together.

b) For the streaming API the currency used is always UKP, and then the app needs to check the specific currency of the users account and convert accordingly to their local currency. To properly test that conversion is working, an App author cannot change his local currency to test other currencies, he would need testers in other countries. I.e multiple users to test the App is working.

It would be very helpful if someone from Betfair Tech Support could comment on this question, and maybe how you are supposed to workaround issue b)

Last edited by geoffw123; 18-06-2020, 04:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bfexplorer
    replied
    A common sense:

Your app did not go through certification process, so you are not allowed to use vendor endpoints, right? So you cannot distribute the app, because you cannot allow other users to use your app key, only you are allowed to use it. You are not vendor, you are just private user of betfair api.

And therefore I said: "I think it is what betfair states to be commercial use of your account, and your account will be closed when you misuse data usage for not betting activity."
    Last edited by bfexplorer; 17-06-2020, 04:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• geoffw123
    replied
    Thank you for the reply, but that didnt answer the question I asked. Let me rephrase it.

I have an unvalidated (By Betfair) App. Does Betfair's official policy allow me to distribute it to a small handful of people ? Or allow me to distribute freely ? Or force me to not distribute it until I submit it for verification ?

Clearer ?

Leave a comment:

• bfexplorer
    replied
    Originally posted by geoffw123 View Post
    I have a full API key, and I am writing a Betfair desktop App. (slow progress !)

But what about if you want to allow a 2nd programmer to work on it with you from a different IP address ?

I want to work on your project, or better to say use your account to get betfair api data.

I think it is what betfair states to be commercial use of your account, and your account will be closed when you missus data usage for not betting activity.

Do we really need another betfair app, there is quite a lot of them on betfair app market.

What features your app will offer, any other existing app already does?

Leave a comment:

• LetsGo
    replied
    I'm sue you can have 10 open at the same time. I have ran my bot on 2 Azure servers and run it locally as well when testing,

Leave a comment:

• geoffw123
    started a topic What is Betfair's official policy on this ?

What is Betfair's official policy on this ?

I have a full API key, and I am writing a Betfair desktop App. (slow progress !)

I know that Betfair have a validation policy where you submit your App for them to verify against their checklist and whatever else they do.
    I know that if your App passes that check, you can distribute it and get it listed on the Betfair App Directory page.

But what about if you want to allow a 2nd programmer to work on it with you from a different IP address ?
    Or what if I distributed my app to a couple of personal friends for them to use ?

Would I fall foul of Betfairs policy doing either of those things ? I dont want to get my expensive App key blocked by me not fully understanding the rules

Thanks for any clarification

Geoff

Working...
X