Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parsing JSON data

Hi there,

I've managed to download bz2 files of historical data. I'm having a little trouble extracting the data into JSON format - I can get the data into string format using a python script, but can't convert the string into anything useful at the moment (using json.loads() on the data raises an error). Does anyone have any advice?

Managed to fix it so now have the data in JSON. Can anyone tell me how to relate the published time to a date_timestamp? The spec says published time is milliseconds since epoch. What does this mean?

Comment

its milliseconds since the UNIX epoch (January 1, 1970 00:00:00 UTC). In c# the converter would looklike something similar yourDateTime.ToUniversalTime().Subtract( new DateTime(1970, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, DateTimeKind.Utc) ).TotalMilliseconds

Comment

Originally posted by strangecarr View Post
        Managed to fix it so now have the data in JSON. Can anyone tell me how to relate the published time to a date_timestamp? The spec says published time is milliseconds since epoch. What does this mean?
        Let betfairlightweight do the hard work for you:

https://github.com/liampauling/betfair

https://github.com/liampauling/betfa...ghistorical.py

Comment

Hi Liam thanks a lot, I've been using your module on a few other scripts and have only just got to the historical data part. It really is a great module.

On the streaming historical data script, should the directory contain the bz2 files, or should they be unpacked first? I haven't managed to get the script working just yet (hence looking at the files directly myself to try to understand what data is contained in them).

Comment

You need to unzip them first but you can use a python script for that as well.

Comment

Thanks, I unzipped using bzip2 in terminal. But the bz2 files are just numbered with no file extension (e.g. 1.12345678) - I can read them using a text editor but doesn't seem to work on betfairlightweight. Sorry if quite a simple question, what format should they be in for betfairlightweight to read them using the historical streaming script?

Comment

They must first be unzipped, although you can also do it with a Python script.

happy wheels unblocked

Comment

Working...
                X