Transaction charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transaction charges

Since the introduction of the transaction Charge and up until last month, it did not affect me. However, I have an ongoing inquiry regarding that charge and then yesterday another charge three and a half times larger than the previous one was removed from my account!

On the first occasion my records show only 18 auto-bets placed by my BOT (Only two race meetings on that day due to bad weather) and not one matched. Then two days ago came the second transaction charge. On that day 85 auto-bets were placed, 17 which were matched and the rest not matched/lapsed.

I have read over and over again/studied the section on the transaction charges until I am 'blue in the face,' but cannot for the life of me comprehend how those auto-bets could incur those deductions from my account. I would be indebted to anyone who can help me work out how Betfair has arrived at these charges. My BOT has not been updated for nearly a year, which may be the issue? Or it could be something changed by the Betfair's own updates? So in that case I may need to contact the Betfair development team? And they will be my 'next port of call.' I thank you in advance. After that, it may be a case of hiring another programmer.

Send an email to bdp@betfair.com, the main changes have been the inclusion of failed transactions as part of the charge.

Comment

On it's way and thanks Liam

Comment

BDP department sent me a readout of the transactions for the two particular days my account went over the daily transaction allowance. Of the three counts shown, only one really caught my eye: MARKET_SUSPENDED 6848. Which, unless I am mistaken, can only mean bet transactions are being placed/ processed after the the race has finished (Market suspended) The other two: BET_ACTION_ERROR and MARKET_NOT_OPEN_ FOR_BETTING amounted to only 61.However, since my last post I have incurred a further two transaction charges!

I sent a further email to BDP questioning why, if the fault is with my BOT, am I not getting transaction charges on a daily basis? Although I am nowhere near finished with my research, I have found evidence of what I believe to be internal API server error's!

Surely there must be countless other people experiencing these errors? If so I would dearly like to hear from you please, as this situation is doing my head in!

Comment

Please, please, please. Is there anybody else getting erroneous transaction charges levied against their account? Since January this year to date, one day out of each of the five months I have been hit with a total of just over £31! I am a small fish in a big pond and my BOT is my hobby in my retirement. The regular error which is doing the damage is MARKET_SUSPENDED. On just one day the latter error totalled 8468 alone!!!! If there is anyone out there who can help me find out why/how these errors are causing me stress, I would be indebted to them for life, my life, as the stress of all this is literally killing me. It's not about the money at all.

Comment

Hi

Sorry to hear this is stressing you out so badly, you probably shouldnt really be running this bot as it sounds a bit buggy if its costing you money and stress !

The Betfair transaction charges only cut in if you are over 5,000 in an hour as far as I know. That means you must be sending bets on average at 1.4 per second to contravene that figure. Surely there must be something obviously going wrong if you watch your bot and log when it places a bet and the Response code it gets from Betfair ?

You should have a safety clause in it that checks to see if the market is "ACTIVE" before it attempts to place a bet, have you maybe not got that ?
            What language is your bot written in ?

Regards Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by geoffw123 View Post
              Hi
              The Betfair transaction charges only cut in if you are over 5,000 in an hour as far as I know.
              You are correct but before the changes were made last September, my BOT, over five years in use, has never incurred a transaction charge. And if my BOT is incorrectly coded, in theory I should be getting a transaction charge on a daily basis?

I have copied and pasted this from the section on Betfair transaction charges:

'Should your (commission) exceed this amount, you will not be charged a transaction fee.'

The above sentence should read: 'If you are a small-time punter and do not pay us enough in commission every month, we will impose a once a month charge to bolster our profits.'

The above is exactly what has been happening since January this year! And the bottom line is this: If there was a problem with the coding of my BOT, I should be experiencing transaction charges every day and not just once a month! Go figure, because I can't

Comment

So you are saying your Bot does at times place bets at a very high rate, so are in the region of exceeding 5,000 Bets per hour ? If that is not the case then you need to modify your Bot so that every Bet placement is logged for date/time and response status to a disk file. This can then be presented as evidence to Betfair to be cross checked against their logs.

Comment

Well, believe it or not, it has taken all this while to reign (Pun intended) back the unwanted transaction charges With the help of a Betfair developer going by the first name of Neil, I traced it down to the re-fresh rate I had my BOT set to. However, it still leaves the unanswered question of what else was changed with the API communication software back in September 2020? I bring that up because there is/was far more to it than admitted to. After much changes to my CSV sheets revealed it all.

As for the other errors; they were down to an issue with my internet provider, which I binned and no more error's (Fingers crossed)

P.S. I also binned my last developer and looking for a replacement. If there is anyone out there who is 'the best' and can stand the heat, walk this way and you just may like what you see
                  Last edited by CodeFever; 22-09-2021, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I do bespoke bot development, here are my code samples:

https://github.com/StefanBelo/Bfexplorer-BOT-SDK

https://github.com/StefanBelo/Betfair-Tutorials

and my trading app:

http://bfexplorer.net/Products/Bfexplorer
                    Betfair BOT SDK

Comment

Tthat'd be rein, as in horses, rather than reign, as in monarchs.

Comment

Good Evening I'm Mirco and I a new forum member.
                        I had the same problem with the bot. In this case could be FAIRBOT software or not? Betfair got me the money by my account but I don't understand the causes. Could I receive back the money from Betfair? Where can I check this 5000 bets...I don't look for the history oh these bets.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bets, just happened to 'pop in' and seen your post. Checked my notification settings which are correct and I should have received an email notifying me of your post but did not!

If you have not already done so, you need to email the Betfair development team at bdp@betfair.com and request a readout for the day the charge was made.

If it will be a help in your case, I had to throttle back my requests to the API and my charges have ceased. However, to all intents and purposes it would seem Betfair in announcing the changes to the way transaction charges are applied, moved the goalpost just a little further together than they care to admit!

Comment

Working...
                          X