X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vadimaster1
    replied
    Situation: I place a bet of $ 4, but only $ 2.5 matched. Next, I want to match up to $ 4, but $ 1.5 is no longer sent – error "INVALID_PROFIT_RATIO". Seriously?
    Last edited by Vadimaster1; 19-06-2020, 10:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jonnyf
    replied
    At the very least, can you explain what bets will be rejected with INVALID_PROFIT_RATIO, as some bets less than £2 still seem to make it through.

Leave a comment:

• itsonlyagame
    replied
    This update has broken a lot of certified Betfair applications. 1000's of customers affected. Can this be rolled back and these software vendors given time to code and test their updates. Go after the abusers individually rather than break it for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• jabe
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMagoo View Post

One enables the other. Minimum bet size abuse leads to bet rounding abuse.

That there is a minimum bet size should be a clear hint that Betfair don't want you to place bets below that size. After all, they can change the limits to whatever they like. The fact that there is a 'work-around' for this size limit by placing a bet and then partially cancelling it doesn't mean that Betfair ever supported it!
    I believe what you are claiming is irrelevant and incorrect.

Leave a comment:

• jonnyf
    replied
    Yes, but it's a workaround used by most major Betfair trading software for hedging (there's already several comments about this on the Bet Angel forums). Releasing an update to the API for something used by so many people with no warning and no documentation seems crazy to me.

Leave a comment:

• MrMagoo
    replied
    What is this update trying to prevent? Minimum bet size abuse or bet rounding? They seem like two different things.
    One enables the other. Minimum bet size abuse leads to bet rounding abuse.

That there is a minimum bet size should be a clear hint that Betfair don't want you to place bets below that size. After all, they can change the limits to whatever they like. The fact that there is a 'work-around' for this size limit by placing a bet and then partially cancelling it doesn't mean that Betfair ever supported it!

Leave a comment:

• jonnyf
    replied
    Hello,

I think there need to be a lot more detail provided on this. For as long as I remember, Betfair has provided a mechanism to 'green up' the market by allowing small bets to be placed. This is done by using placeOrders, then cancelOrders (with a size reduction) and then a replaceOrders to update the odds. My understanding is that this is the only method to place bets less than £2 for the purpose of greening up. My programs are now returning this INVALID_PROFIT_RATIO error (which isn't even mentioned in the API documentation!) pretty much every time a green up is attempted.

Are you saying that the API will no longer accept these type of bets at all? What is this update trying to prevent? Minimum bet size abuse or bet rounding? They seem like two different things.

Leave a comment:

• Retrospective - API Release To Prevent Minimum Bet Abuse - 19th June

We made an emergency release earlier today to prevent consistent attempts to take advantage of bet rounding.

Any bets that are placed to benefit from rounding will now be rejected with the error INVALID_PROFIT_RATIO

Please see further information and example below:

If customers attempt to place a bet (including a bet used a size-up edit or price change) or cancel a bet down to a remaining size, such that it returns 20% less or 25% more [1] than it ‘ought’ to, that bet will fail with an INVALID_PROFIT_RATIO error returned to API customers – (customers attempting such on the Betfair website or mobile app will receive a generic error).

For example – a 13p @ 1.06 back bet is ‘unfair’ as it ‘ought’ to win 0.78p, but actually - due to rounding - wins 1p, a 28% uplift.

So attempting to:

• Increase the size of a £2.00 bet @ 1.06 to £2.13 (which creates a new 13p bet @ 1.06)
    • Cancel £1.83 of a £2.00 bet @ 1.06 (to leave a 13p remainder @ 1.06)
    • Price-editing a 13p @ 1000 bet to 13p @ 1.06 (which cancels the bet @ 1000 and creates a new one @ 1.06)

Will all fail with the error above.

Apologies for the lack of notice regarding this urgent release.

Betfair Developer Program
    Last edited by BetfairDeveloperProgram; 21-06-2020, 10:40 AM. Reason: Updated to include example
Working...
X