Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bet Placement Changes to Prevent Minimum Bet Abuse - Release 15th October 2018

Following customer feedback we are planning to implement a change to the way that we handle the placement of bets below the allowed minimum stake.

The changes will prevent bets being placed which deliberately take advantage of Betfair rounding off to the nearest penny or cent which is in breach of our terms & conditions.
    Any bet which fits the above description will be automatically cancelled by Betfair and the API will respond with the error BET_TAKEN_OR_LAPSED in these circumstances

The release will take place on Monday 15th October

Betfair Developer Program
    Last edited by forumbdpwebadmin; 05-10-2018, 01:05 PM. Reason: Added release date

How will the matcher differentiate between genuine greening bets and minimum bet abuse? Or are we not allowed to bet (cancel) below a certain amount?

Comment

Hi LiamP

Any single bet transactions that would result in '0' liability to the account placing the bet will be automatically cancelled.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Neil

Comment

Hi Neil,

I'm not sure I understand the entire arrangement.

Originally posted by BetfairDeveloperProgram View Post
        Any single bet transactions that would result in '0' liability to the account placing the bet will be automatically cancelled.
        So for example a user lays 20 GBP at 1.5 (with a 10 GBP liability) and then later backs 10 GBP at 3.0 (a classic green-up). The second bet will end up in a zero liability for the user, as the two bets create a guaranteed profit. How will this work in terms of the new rules?

Also, how exactly will the exchange process the change in the amount of an unmatched stake starting from the 1st of October?

Comment

Hi WellDoneSoft,

This change relates to the liability on a single transaction, not multiple bets. Both of these transactions would be accepted as both have a liability of greater than £0.

An simple example would be a lay bet at a price of 1.49 for stake of £0.01. The liability of this bet is £0.0049 so this would be automatically cancelled if submitted to the Exchange.

Thanks

Neil

Comment

Hi Neil, thanks for the clarification!
            Suppose, I lay £5 at 1.5 and later change that to £5.1 at 1.5. How will this bet be treated by the exchange? Will it still be split in two parts?

Comment

Hi WellDoneSoft

Yes, this would be split into two parts, a bet for £5 at 1.5 and another bet for £0.10 at 1.5.

It wouldn't be rejected as the bet has a liability of £0.05

Thanks

Neil

Comment

Hi Neil,

I hope you are well.

I just wondered if the release did actually come into effect on 15th October as planned? It still seems possible to cancel part of a bet to leave a small remainder such as a lay for £0.01 at 1.01.

Kind regards,

Gavin

Cymatic Ltd
                Last edited by Gavin; 13-11-2018, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Hi Gavin

Yes, the release did go out.

The behaviour will be allowed once per selection per marketId but after that any further attempts to create bets to win something but lose nothing will be rejected.

Thanks

Neil

Comment

Thanks Neil

Comment

Working...
                    X